From: "G J Chris Graves" firstname.lastname@example.org
A quick reminder that Bill George and I will expose some odd but factual items regarding the Central Pacific Rail Road of California, including but not limited to:
1. Theodore D. Judah's land speculations
2. Dis-incorporation of the City of Auburn due to railroad speculations
3. Why Rocklin had the roundhouse, not Roseville
4. Strobridge and Chinese workers
5. Samuel Whitmarsh, (station agent, Auburn, Calif. Stagecoach Co), Rattlesnake Dick Barger and the Strobridge children
6. Why nitroglycerin was used only Tunnel 6, 7, 8, and near Highway 20
7. Economics of 1865 that prompted the hiring of Chinese (Sherman Day's family shows how and why)
8. How many Chinese died, and how their graves were marked
9. If time allows, a discussion of Eadweard Muybridge and the murder of Harry Larkyns.
Bill and I hope to see you there. We will not discuss the Auburn Journal of Sept., 15, 2002, Section 2 page 4 unless asked to.
—G J Chris Graves, Newcastle, AltaCal'a