California Central Rail Road
The California Central Rail Road, incorporated April 21, 1857 was in operation from October 31, 1861 until July 22, 1868; on that date in July, 1868 it was sold to the California & Oregon Railroad Co. Consisting of 18.50 miles of track, it ran between Folsom and Lincoln, with a 60" gauge. The 8.2 miles NORTH of Folsom were conveyed to the Contract & Finance Co. in 1868 for scrapping of rails and fittings. The California Central Rail Road was not owned by Theodore Judah, he was the surveyor and engineer of the railroad. The President of the CCRR was Charles Lincoln Wilson, for whom the City of Lincoln was named.
Thanks for reading this far, but, the perils of history must be noted!
G J Chris Graves, NewCastle, AltaCal'a