"Fernley Depot News"
"... the Southern Pacific established the Fernley [Nevada] siding in 1904, and constructed a single story Depot and telegraph office ... The depot was replaced in 1914. ... The original right of way is visible to the north of Fernley to this day. Line changes to reduce grades in 1902, moved the line to its current location through Fernley. ... The Central Pacific served the shipping needs of the ... Eagle Salt works, established in 1871 ... until relocating their rails, so the Eagle Salt Works Railroad was constructed, utilizing portions of the abandoned C.P.R.R. grade from their mine to the S.P.R.R. in present day Fernley. ..." [More]
[Courtesy Google Alerts.]